Below are some of our parents' most popular and frequently asked questions, to help give you all the information you need before and during your journey with us.
What happens at my 1st session?
Please arrive for your session approximately 5-10 minutes before your start time to give you time to get your child(ren) ready for their session. Once ready, proceed onto poolside just before the session is about to start:
- Swimming costume / tight fitting trunks
- Goggles (are optional)
- Long hair should be tied back or a swimming cap should be worn
- Water Bottle
- Flip Flops/ pool shoes (if needed)
- Shampoo, shower gel and hair brush
- Healthy and nutritious post lesson snack.
- Please remove all jewellery
- We do not promote the use of armbands. Unless your child will not go in the water without them, we ask you not bring them to the sessions
- We advise our swimmers not to swim on a full stomach, please do not allow your child to eat anything substantial 1 hour before the scheduled lesson.
I need to speak to my child’s swim instructor.
We understand that you may have queries from time to time and there will be a coordinator at the venue, who you can raise any queries with them. They may need to relay questions to the swimming instructor, or be able to answer your query straight away. We would request that parents do not disturb swimming instructors, unless essential. They have just 30 minutes, so every minute is precious to ensure the swimmers get the most out of their lesson. However please remember we are here to help with any queries you may have and if the coordinator is not available at the venue, our Customer Service team at Head Office, is more than happy to help.
Can’t make your session?
Email email@example.com ensuring you let us know before your Swimming Lesson starts.
Movements of Ability Groups
You will receive an email from us, when your child is ready to move Ability Groups. Please call the office to arrange a movement with one of our friendly advisors.
We recognise Children are motivated by Certificates and Badges, as part of your programme you will receive an email from us advising your Little Star has passed a Stage Award. We aim to have these at Pool Side within 28 Days.If your child receives more than one award in the term, you can purchase them online or over the phone for a cost of £3.50.
Distance Awards are chargeable and can be purchased online only via our Shop.
Did you know you can check your Little Swimmer’s progress on your Online account, this is updated every 4 weeks by the teacher. Please check this so you can see how well they are doing.