Business Development Manager – Acquisitions
Location Whitefield, Greater Manchester with national travel
Salary £25,000-£30,000 plus incentive scheme
Contract Full Time
Hours 40 hours per week
The Sporting House
Working for a group led by Becky Adlington, Steve Parry and Beth Tweddle, our Business Development Manager for Acquisitions will be focused on securing new sites and partnerships for our learn to swim and recreational gymnastics programmes.
You’ll be responsible for driving the recruitment of new venues for our programmes to operate in, as we roll out our new commercial strategy which will see us deliver swimming and gymnastics to over 100,000 children every week. From independent schools to national leisure chains, you’ll be responsible for your own pipeline, liaising with each Academy as you look to secure the best possible opportunities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquiring new venues for Academy programmes – Becky Adlington’s SwimStars, Total Swimming Academies, Beth Tweddle Gymnastics
- Sales meetings with prospective clients, involving Directors/Head of Commercial where appropriate
- Market research conducted for learn to swim and recreational gymnastics; position in market, growth opportunities
- Opportunities database compiled and scored, using scoring matrix, AI data and local level research
- Clients managed from initial contact through to contract negotiation stage
- Understanding of, and point of contact for current venue contracts, when up for renewal or re-negotiation
- Preparation of proposals, pitch decks and outreach collateral for all acquisition meetings and events
- Calendar of events to be delivered for promotion of our Academies programmes, specifically leisure and education sectors
What We’re Looking For
- Educated to degree level or above.
- Experience in sales or business development role.
- Confident in developing stakeholder relationships.
- Competent developing own approach to entering market(s).
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving KPIs and targets.
- Good communicator, including through presentations, written English and telephone calls.
- Ability to work alone in the field, as well as within commercial team setting.
- Understanding of contractual processes and obligations.
- Ability to travel nationally, with occasional evening and weekend work.
- A passion for sport is a bonus!
If you are intereted in appling for this position please send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swimming Teacher
- Work-back Scheme Criteria
- Customer Service Representative
- Business Development Manager – Acquisitions
- Venue Coordinator - Cheshire
- Venue Coordinator - Manchester
- Venue Coordinator - West Yorkshire
- Sales Advisor
- Swimming Teacher - Hull
- Swimming Teacher - Lincoln
- Swimming Teacher - Milton Keynes
- Swimming Teacher - Tamworth
- Swimming Teacher - Solihull
- Swimming Teacher Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Contact Us