Fresh off the back of Olympic medal success in London 2012, Becky Adlington teamed up with fellow Olympian and Chair of the Government-commissioned School Swim Group, Steve Parry to continue her legacy with her own learn to swim programme. Throughout her career, Becky has always been passionate about swimming and the benefits it offers to young people. This passion has remained her focus upon retirement and today, Becky Adlington’s SwimStars teaches over 15,000 children to swim every week.
At SwimStars, we believe that all children should be given the opportunity to learn to swim and love to swim. As well as our Learn to Swim programme, we are also proud to support National Curriculum swimming requirements.
Our instructors are specially trained to teach ‘The Becky Way’, delivering fun lessons tailored to our swimmers’ needs. Although our aim is for children to leave primary school able to swim at least 25m, we also recognise the importance of rewarding children along their swimming journey.
As we take them along Swim England’s official ‘Learn to Swim Framework’, the children receive certificates based on a range of important life skills such as showing Kindness, Respect, Friendship and Determination.
Benefits of our unique School Swimming offer:
- Commitment to learning to swim 83% of pupils reach 25m National Curriculum standards;
- Co-ordinator available as point of contact for school;
- 2 or 3 specially trained SwimStars instructors leading each session;
- Low teacher-child ratios 1:10 compared to Swim England’s recommended 1:12;
- Fantastic facilities at Total Fitness, including usage of both teaching and main pools;
- Opportunity for teachers/staff to assist in session if desired. A great CPD opportunity;
- Swim Meet put on by us for participating schools (minimum 5 schools);
- SwimStars rewards scheme for all children, including distance certificates for those exceeding 25m.
Have a quick read through Our Strategy below to find out how our programme performed last year:
If you would like to find out more about our programme, please don't hesistate to get in touch with our National Sales Manager, Chris on 0161 694 7929 or