Becky Adlington's SwimStars are looking for coordinators across Scotland, in the following locations:
- Bannatynes Stepps
- Bannatynes Perth
- Bannatynes Livingstone
Salary: £19k - £23k
Reporting to: BASS Programme Manager Hours:
37.5 Hours (including weekends and evenings)
Summary of Role
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Becky Adlington's SwimStars Team who will coordinate the Learn to Swim provision for a cluster of sites in Scotland. The successful applicant will be expected to increase learn to swim and swimming participation opportunities to cover all age ranges and promote the teaching programme to a wide audience.
Applicants will possess a Level 2 Swimming Teacher Qualification and Current RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches or equivalent. With previous experience of the delivery of aquatic initiatives, you should be able to prioritise your workload, have good organisational, planning and communication skills, be educated to a high standard and have good experience of partnership working
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage, develop and monitor the implementation and administration for the Learn to Swim programme in order to meet the expected world class standards of the BASS programme.
- Assist in the effective operations of the activity of the swim school programme.
- Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the customer, financial and operational demands of the centre.
- Mentor and develop all swimming teacher / coaches in accordance with BASS training programmes.
- Co-ordinate and implement staff training and induction sessions with regard to the planned staff training matrix.
- Provide appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation.
- Prepare lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work that meets the requirements of BASS UK LTD.
- Assist in programming and promotions by innovating ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the facility’s customers, organisational plans and retention programmes.
- Assist in the communication, sales, marketing and promotion of BASS UK LTD.
- Prepare reports on the centre’s operations, events and incidents when necessary and requested. Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with company Safeguarding policy.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times.
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
- Teach lessons where appropriate to avoid cancellations in agreement with the National Account Manager Qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- ASA Teaching Aquatics Level 2 (or equivalent).
- Knowledge and understanding of the ASA National Plan for Teaching Children program, stages 1-10 and the swimmer pathways associated with this program.
- Management or supervisory experience in businesses with high customer service demands. Experience of supervising a team including training, development, appraisals, performance management and mentoring staff.
- Experience of working with a diverse customer base.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety and employment legislation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents/carers.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills.
- Good numerical and written skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme.Professional and sympathetic to the interests and needs of the swimmer and carer.
- Self-confident and able to inspire confidence in others.
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Observant – notices customers and anticipates their needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, self-starter with the ability to inspire and deliver exceptional results. You are passionate about sport and the way in which physical activity can change people’s lives. Most importantly, you are focused and driven to deliver on time and within budget without ever compromising the Becky Adlington Swim Star’s experience. You are a natural leader, a person who leads by example and demonstrates good judgement at all times. General Requirements: Full UK Driving License, Flexible approach to work and hours needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in this vacancy please send a CV across to email@example.com or you can call us directly on
Successful candidates will take part in a two day BASS training course.