Business Development Assistant
Whitefield, Greater Manchester
Sport & Dance Holdings Ltd
Consisting of Olympian-led organisations Becky Adlington’s SwimStars, Total Gymnastics & Total Swimming
£18-20k plus performance related bonus scheme
Do you want to work with Olympic medal winners and household names?
Are you interested in taking the experience and skills you have learned in your studies or organisation into a fast growing business where you can start to have an impact and make a difference from Day One?
Becky Adlington’s SwimStars is a market leading learn to swim programme, created by double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington. The group also includes Total Gymnastics, run by Britain’s greatest gymnast Beth Tweddle, and Total Swimming, an innovative swimming organisation created by Olympic medallist Steve Parry. Across the organisation, over 20,000 young people experience swimming and gymnastics with us every week.
This group of unique sports companies requires a passionate, motivated Business Development professional to join our team and drive forward its sports programmes, acquiring new business and communicating with clients through various platforms. Our Olympian directors are very ambitious, and are looking for a like-minded individual to join the organisation and help grow our programmes nationwide – particularly Becky Adlington’s SwimStars School Swimming and Beth Tweddle’s School Gymnastics.
As part of a high performing Business Development team, you will provide vital support that will enable us to exceed our targets and contribute to the success of each company in the group. Through high quality client communications, market research and attending sales meetings, you will develop your skillset and work towards taking your own programmes to grow. You will also attend conferences, events and appearances with the support of our Olympians, in order to help the team acquire new business, and maintain relations with our current clients. Once sales are made, you will then help with the after sales process, from financial administration to case studies creation.
It sounds as though we want a lot (and we do!) but this is a rare and exciting opportunity, with great potential for you to grow with the company. Here at Sport & Dance, we have a strong culture of internal promotion, and this role is ideal for someone looking for a rewarding career in the sports industry.
We are looking for a Business Development Assistant to help acquire new business, and develop our client communications in order to continue our growth. You will be responsible for some sales targets, as well as supporting those of the business as a whole, with the support of the Business Development team, and from Regional Coordinators within Total Gymnastics, Becky Adlington’s SwimStars and Total Swimming.
· Acquire new business for Becky Adlington’s Swim Stars School Swimming and Beth Tweddle’s School Gymnastics
· Organise and deliver promotional events, including conferences and appearances, to develop awareness of each company’s brand and programmes
· Conduct regular market research into Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity, to help equip the Business Development team ahead of key opportunities
· Develop and maintain accurate client communications databases
· Handle incoming enquiries regarding our schools programmes, delegating these appropriately across the organisation
· Lead on financial administration
· Graduate level, or equivalent qualification
· Relevant experience in a sporting organisation or business development setting
· The ability to work on own initiative and acquire own sales, and to work in an autonomous capacity
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to develop quality working relations with a variety of clients and partners
· Strong, dynamic and enthusiasticpersonality
· Some knowledge of school sport landscape desirable – County Sports Partnerships, School Sports Premium, Association for Physical Education, etc
· An interest in sport would be preferred
· Experience working with high-profile athletes would be a bonus
· Clean driving license
· Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm) when required
· Performance related bonus scheme
· Company laptop
· Company mobile phone
· Subsidised gym membership on-site
· Free parking at Head Office, Whitefield
Sport & Dance Holdings LTD are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please send a covering letter, together with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The final date for all applications is Monday 1st May 2017.
For any enquiries or additional information, please call Total Swimming asking for Chris Pearce, on 0161 764 2224, or e-mail as above.